Sunday, March 4, 2012

Larry's story

I was born in August 1953.  I don't remember this blessed event but over the years I've managed to piece together some of the facts:
  • I know my grandfather Joe Wilson, was very concerned about my birth because of a baby lost in birthing .  He and my grandmother Mary Wilson worried about my late arrival. I know I was born in Port Perry but I remember something about a quick trip to Oshawa with Dr. St. John.
In any case, eventually I made it through childhood, my teenage years and I wed the lovely Janice Pearson from Scott Township who is still the love of my life.  We live in Alberta, just west of the little town of Crossfield and we have 4 'wonderful' children:  Lisa Marie who married Eric Milton and lives with him in Crossfield; Joseph Laurence (Laurie) who carries both my grandfather's names and lives in Crossfield;  Andrea Joy who married Brent Parkin and moved with him to Sydney, Australia; and, Robert Aaron who married a lovely young woman named Emily Whittington from Ohio and now lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana.


Perhaps each of these people will add their story to this blog as we move along while others share the details they remember of Dad in my story through the comments area.

No comments:

Post a Comment